It’s hard to believe another year is just about in the books. On behalf of everyone here at Neighborhood Community Development Fund, we hope 2023 was a year of happiness and growth, both personally and professionally. Thank you for your partnership and continued belief in our mission to help underserved small businesses prosper.
We’re proud to say that, in large part because of friends and supporters like you, 2023 was our best year yet. Here’s a quick snapshot of some highlights from this past year:
- We provided 112 loans in 12 months, surpassing our previous best year in 2022.
- 87 of those loans went to minority-owned businesses
- 51 of those loans went to women-owned businesses
- 59 of those loans went to low-income-owned businesses
- We provided $7,355,650 in loan capital in 12 months, surpassing our previous best year in 2022.
- $4,429,650 went to minority-owned businesses
- $2,179,500 went to women-owned businesses
- $2,704,650 went to low-income-owned businesses
- We provided 41 microloans to small businesses at a combined $1,416,700, numbers that led the way among SBA Western PA District microloan lenders.
- We hosted our biggest annual event yet in November at The Rivers Casino Grand Ballroom, featuring Allegheny County Executive Elect Sara Innamorato as keynote speaker.
We’re excited about the success we’ve had this year, but we’re far from satisfied. Our goals in 2024 include increasing lending to small business owners, affordable housing, and commercial real estate projects; advancing collaboration with our community partners; increasing technical assistance to small businesses and much more.
There will always be more work to be done to help small business owners in our area succeed, and we’re looking forward to continuing that important work with you in 2024 and beyond.
Until then, have a safe, happy and healthy holiday season.